Sunday, January 27, 2008

Good Grief People, Take No For an Answer!

I went out on a grocery run this afternoon. DS was playing at J's house while I was gone. This is the same destructive J I've posted about awhile back. DS doesn't play with him very often anymore, partly because we're busy with activities, and partly because I don't think J is a very good person for him to play with.

Well, apparently just before I got home, J wanted DS to go to a church playground with him. DH, for various reasons, said no, and DS came home. Right after I got home, J came to the door THREE TIMES trying to get DS to go to the playground with him. C'mon people, no means no.

I'm just as happy DH said no. It's late afternoon, almost supper time, and then time to get ready for school tomorrow. And I don't really want DS to go anywhere near a church with these people. Over the summer, I allowed him to go to friends night at J's vacation bible school. From what DS said, they gave him a hard sell on accepting Jesus, then a few months later J told him it was a good thing he went to bible school, because now he'll go to heaven, when he was going to the bad place before!

1 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Blogger Mindy said...

Unfortunately, a lot of kids have learned that if they beg their parents long enough that they will give in and give them what they want. I guess this child thought that would work on you. I know when I was a teenager twenty years ago my friends would tell me to keep begging my mom and she'd give in. I'd look at them and say, "Have you met my mother?" I would have been punished for doing that, not rewarded. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home