Saturday, August 07, 2004

DD's birthday party was today

She'll be three tomorrow. It was a little stressful for me, since we had the inlaws come in from out of town and stay with us. They are leaving early in the morning, though. The kids really enjoyed having them here.

I had a stressful moment when I went to pick up the cake, and they couldn't find it. Luckily they located it quickly, since I don't think Target really wanted to deal with me having a fit in the middle of their store.

DD had a great time. I think she got a bit over stimulated, but that's to be expected. She had so many new toys she didn't know what to play with first. DH and I got her a playhut that looks like a Disney Princess castle. It's essentially a little tent thing to set up indoors. She loves it. :) She also got lots of little plastic Care Bears from one grandma, and the other grandma gave her a Blues Clues chair. Lots of other toys to numerous to mention. She liked the care bears so well, I ran back to Target tonight and grabbed some that they had on clearance to put away for gifts later.

I'm glad it's all over, though. I'm tired.

3 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Glad she enjoyed her special day!

And smart woman, picking up the extras on clearance and tucking them aside. Now you're already getting prepared for Christmas! Good thinking! :D

**hugs**

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Erica said...

What a fun day! Sounds like she had a great time. And a Disney princess castle...she's a girl after my own heart!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Sounds like she had a fun day!

I'm glad to know we're not the only ones who buy things to stash away for later gifts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home