Monday, December 25, 2006

A Nice Holiday

I hope everyone had a nice holiday. Mine was pretty decent, for a change from the last two years.

My mother and her husband visited yesterday, to give the kids their gifts. She gave DS a Spiderman track for hot wheels type cars, which is probably his favorite gift. Spiderman shoots the cars at Doc Ock, and if they hit him just right in the chest, he falls over. DD's gift was a pink and purple leap pad, which she thinks is great.

I was up at 5:30 this morning, just because I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep. Kids were up at about 5:45, but I convinced them to let DH sleep until just after six. After he was awake, we went downstairs to see the presents.

The kids really cleaned up this year, and they both loved their gifts. DS especially was happy to get Lego Star Wars for his gameboy. DD got Dora's World Adventure, and played the game straight through to the end quickly.

DH got two seasons of Lost on DVD, and a replacement for a cookbook he loaned out and never got back several years ago, among other things.

My loot includes a Zune (microsoft version of an ipod, pretty much), two Tinker Bell cross stitch kits, Dangermouse seasons 1 & 2 dvd set, and several books.

After presents, we went for breakfast at Waffle House. A couple of hours after that my dad and grandmother came up to visit and exchange gifts. They stayed for a few hours, and then headed home.

A little while after they left, I started poking around looking at movie showtimes, and we decided to go see Charlotte's Web. It was much better than I expected it to be. DH liked it, and I was afraid he'd be bored. I think I still like the cartoon version best, but this one is definitely worth seeing, at least in my opinion.

After that, home for supper, and then the kids played until bedtime.

All in all, a very good holiday. Nobody (including me!) had a meltdown, and I think everybody enjoyed the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home