Sunday, September 05, 2004

Dragon Con

I went to Dragon Con yesterday. I did just a Saturday trip instead of the whole weekend.

I didn't actually attend any panels. I bought a couple of Michael Longcor cds, Tom Smith's new one, and a tshirt that reads "Who Says Goddesses Have to Be Anorexic". I couldn't pass that up, because my husband likes to tease me about looking like the Willendorf Goddess. I also got a little dragon finger puppet for each of my kids.

I caught the Emerald Rose concert, and I went to the filking. This year's filk guest is Michael Longcor, which is the whole reason I wanted to go anyway. So I saw Longcor play his set, and Tom Smith and the Brobdingnagian Bards do theirs. Got to catch up with several old friends, most notably Teri and Bunny. I won't get to see them again until GaFilk in January.

This was the first time I'd heard the Brobdingnagian Bards, and I really liked their music. The concert was ruined for me though, because the majority of their fans seem to be women who squeal. Often. And loudly. By the end of the set, my head was pounding and I needed to take an Advil.

After the concert sets, we hung around the filk room talking for a couple of hours, then about three am, started the open filking. It was a small group this year. I got to hear Teri sing a lot, which is always good. She did Good Troop for me right off. That's the one I always ask her for. :D Later in the evening, we did Song of the Sheild Wall, another of my favorites.

The singing broke up around 5:40 am. A few of us headed up to the consuite and hung out for another hour or so before we parted and headed to our respective hotel rooms and houses. I made it home about 8, got DD out of her crib, fed the kids a light breakfast, loaded the dishwasher, listened to a cd, and told DH about the con before I finally crashed at 11am. I think tonight will be an early night for me, LOL.




1 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Glad you had a good time. DH was there on Sunday & went back on Monday as "Ik". He got to see "Return of the King & I". LOTR: The Musical *lol*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home