Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Year End Catch-Up

First of all, DH is working again. It is a temporary type job with no benefits, but it is money coming in and we are thankful for it. He is having interviews, and hopefully should have a permanent job soon.

We had a fairly nice holiday this year. The kids got lots of toys, of course.

DD had enough gift money from relatives that she was able to trade in her gameboy and get a DS instead, as well as a couple of games for it. Gamestop had a deal of $40 off a DS if you traded in your old DS or Gameboy. She's very happy with her upgrade! :) Her favorite game seems to be Cooking Mama.

DS got a new mountain bike, which he absolutely loves.

For DH, I purchased a t-shirt related to SQL code, the Mama Mia dvd, and I stitched him TW's Celtic Cross. The kids got him a Dr. Who sonic screwdriver. I think that was his favorite.

I received books. Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir, Four Queens by Nancy Goldstone, Dead Travel Fast by Eric Nuzum, and Foolishly Forgotten Americans by Michael Farquhar. I also received cash from my parents. I purchased three more books, Crowned in a Far Country by Princess Michael of Kent, Weird Chicago by Troy Taylor, Adam Selzer (I know Adam!), and Ken Melvoin-Berg, and Marion Zimmer Bradley's Sword and Sorceress 22, edited by Elisabeth Waters. I also bought a new robe, as mine really needed replacing. I still have a bit left to play with too.

I had a bit of a stitching slump, but I managed to break out of it in time for two last finishes of 2008. The aforementioned Celtic Cross and Shepherd's Bush Mermaid Sampler.




Tonight we went out to dinner at Ted's Montana Grill. The kids both had bison. DS had a burger, and DD the meatloaf. Both liked it, and cleaned their plates. :) I had a veggie plate, and everything was very good. DH had a fish sandwich, and he said his was excellent as well. I also had two Montana Margaritas (yum!), and we all shared a Kahlua Fudge Brownie for dessert.

Otherwise, we are celebrating the new year by staying quietly at home. Happy New Year everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home