Friday, February 25, 2005

Sigh. My cat is still having litterbox issues. For those of you who don't know, Stormy, my 10 year old cat I've had since she was a kitten, stopped using the box a year and a half ago when we aquired two kittens. Due to this as well as other issues we got rid of the kittens, but her litter box behavior didn't get any better. I've tried and tried to retrain her, with limited success. She'll do better for awhile, and then stop using the box again. And no, the cat doesn't have a medical issue. She's just decided she likes not using the box.

Right now is one of the bad times. This morning I put her out on our upper front porch with her food, water, and litter. Since it's a little chilly I even gave her a box with a towel in it. This approach has worked before, since there's nowhere for her to go potty except the litter box.

If I can't get her retrained, I'm going to have to take her to the shelter. I don't want to, but at this point, I don't really have a choice. I'm tired of not being able to have people over because the house smells like cat piss. I'm tired of living in a house that smells like cat piss. My husband is really tired of it. I'm tired of discovering the new and exciting places my cat has chosen to go to the bathroom, especially when they include my kids toys.

On the up side, I get to see DH tonight. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home