Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Worried

I went out to the grocery store this morning, and I forgot to take my cell phone. I came home to two messages from DS's school, and three from DH. DS had a really elevated heart rate and bad color, and the school wanted someone to pick him up and get him to a doctor ASAP. By the time I got home, DH was already on his way to the school from work. So I called the pediatrician, and got the advice that he should probably go to the emergency room.

By the time DH got to the school, DS was much better. His heart rate was down and his color was good. After talking to the doctor's office on the phone again, it was decided to take him to the emergency room, even though he was no longer in immediate distress, as they are set up there to perform EKGs and such. So DH has taken DS to the emergency room, and I am home taking care of DD. I know it makes no sense for all of us to go and sit, especially since DD would quickly get bored and rowdy. But I'm worried about DS and feel like I ought to be there with him. I know they'll call me as soon as they know anything, but I have a feeling it will be a long wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home