Friday, March 18, 2005

Rough Week

It has been a busy, rough few days.

Late Tuesday night, my FIL passed away. DH was working in Chicago, so Wednesday morning he flew over to Missouri. I, of course was home with the kids, and had to drive up to Missouri from Georgia. First, though, I had to get DH's car from the airport, since my car is an ancient piece of junk, and there's no way it could have made the trip.

Valerie was wonderful and drove me to to the airport on very short notice. I don't know what I would have done without her.

Then I got to pack the car and drive myself and the kids for 8 hours or more. We finally got to Missouri late that night. I was pretty impressed with myself, though. I'd never made that trip without DH before. I was fine as long as I was on the interstate, and for the last hour or so, after I had to get off the highway, DH navigated for me over the phone. We made it in fine, but very tired.

The memorial service is tomorrow, and then we'll be driving home on Sunday, in order to get DH back in school on Monday.

We appreciate all the thoughts and goood wishes we've been getting. They really help. :)

1 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

*HUGS* for all of you. Glad to hear that you made it there safely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home