Thursday, April 19, 2007

Baby Robins!

A few weeks ago, I noticed that a bird had built a nest in the bushes by our front porch. You could walk out on the porch and look right into the nest. I thought it was an odd place for a nest, but didn't think much more about it.

Then a week ago Monday, when I took the kids out to go to the school bus, we startled a bird off the nest. I looked, and there were two robins eggs in the nest, no mistaking that color blue! Then later that morning, there were four eggs.

We started using the garage door so Mama Robin could sit on her eggs in peace. Yesterday afternoon I went and peeked in the nest, and there were four baby robins. :) The pic I have only shows three, but there are four there.




In stitching news, I joined a UFO RR, and I just got word that my UFO has been finished. Yay!

2 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Maree said...

How cool! Thanks for sharing the pix :)

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

Oh how sweet! That would be a really neat thing to watch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home