Saturday, July 28, 2007

DD's Birthday Party

DD's birthday party was today at a local park playground. She won't turn 6 until August 8th, but that date is quite close to back to school, so I elected to have her party early.

When I went out to pick up her cake this morning, I discovered it was raining. This caused me to say a few bad words. Thankfully, we had rented the pavilion at the playground, and after I got the cake home, I made a mad dash to Wal-Mart to get activities for them, since they wouldn't be able to play on the playground. I already had foam crowns for them to decorate, and I grabbed foam wands as well, and posterboard to make a "pin the star on the wand" game, and some coloring books.

I wasn't sure if anyone besides the grandparents would actually show up since the rain was coming down pretty hard, but we only had one little girl missing. The crowns and wands were a big hit, and we never even touched the other stuff. Lesson to remember: If it involves glitter glue, little girls will love it.

DD received some very nice presents, and money from grandparents to use for an American Girl doll outfit. We are getting an American Girl Boutique and Bistro at our mall opening in August, and DD asked for an American Girl doll for her birthday. So the gift she had from us today was just a token one, and I will take her to buy the doll and have a meal in the Bistro when the place opens.

The party ran a little over time, but I think all the girls had a good time, and DD told me it was a great party. :)

1 Comments:

At 1:59 AM, Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

YAY for a successful party.

Joanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home