Friday, September 24, 2004

Whoo-hoo!

I entered my Dragon's Quilt in the North Georgia State Fair. Well, the fair opened last night. I took the kids, and met up with Valerie (who also had things entered) and Maria, and we all went together to look at the exhibits. My Dragon's Quilt placed third in its class (14 count and under). Go check out Valerie's blog to see how she did. :)


DS and DD both got a hand stamp, to ride as much as they wanted for one price. We ended up staying a lot later than I had planned because they were having such a good time. I was really proud of DS, he looked after his sister on all the rides, and even rode the really baby ones with her. The one thing he didn't get to ride that he wanted to was the bumper cars. By the time we made it to that ride, it was pretty late, and the line was fairly long. Everybody was hungry too, so we left to get food and head home. The kids both asked for Burger King. They love the Yu-Gi-Oh toys that BK is giving out right now.

Poor DS didn't get to bed until almost 10, but he didn't grump about having to get up and go to school this morning. I think he was excited to tell his friends all about the fair. :)

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

I'm really proud of how well you did! You definitely deserved to win!

If you get to go back, the fried Oreos are just past the giant steer. We can't wait til Sunday when we're going to try the funnel cake that has the Bavarian Creme & Chocolate topping (just before the steer on the left). *G*

***Hugs*** Thanks for giving me the courage to do this! I can't wait til next year! *G*

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Erica said...

That is really great on your third place finish! Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home