Thursday, September 30, 2004

Spiders

When I opened the door this morning to take my DS to the bus stop, I discovered a spider has built a web across our porch steps. I didn't have time to deal with it then, so I took DS out through the basement instead. I'm going out in a little while and knock down the web.

Apparently our front porch steps are prime spider real estate. This is the third spider in the three years we've been here to set up shop there, and always in the fall. Last year's spider, after being evicted, moved into the bushes next to the steps. Maybe this one will do the same. I don't mind the spiders, I just want the use of my steps! :)

5 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh! Our house is 'spider central' and we get *loads*! Some of them huge :o(

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh! Our house is 'spider central' and we get *loads*! Some of them are huge :o(

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Sojourner said...

Why do spiders ALWAYS do that?! There are steps in front of my house and three different spider built webs down each couple of them between the trees. Do you know what it's like to run into that stuff at night?

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Not a particularly convenient spot for them to build, but they are considered guardians, so at least you know someone/thing is watching out for you. :)

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Erica said...

They are making sure to get all the annoying buggies for you!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home