Thursday, January 13, 2005

It's time to go on the wagon!

I realized last night that I really need to go on the wagon. It's not that I've been buying huge amounts of stash. I haven't. It's just that the money I do spend would be better spent paying off credit card debt left over from when DH was unemployed.

So, I've cancelled my Fabric of the Month club membership, and won't be buying any new stash for the forseeable future. I have made two exceptions, though. One is magazines. If I see one I want, I'll get it, since they're only around for a limited time. The other is items I might need to finish a WIP. A packet of beads, a spool of Kreinik, needles, stuff like that. I just bought needles, and and most of my projects already have everything they need, so hopefully I won't be invoking that rule much. So, now we get to see how long I can stay on the wagon. I know it's going to be hard, especially with Nashville market coming up next month.

It's not like I don't have anything to stitch, though. LOL! I have approximately 40 WIPs in various stages of completion, and supplies to start at least 10 more. Plus, DD has just informed me that she wants her Titania done in time to enter in the fair, and I want to finish Cam Sam for the fair, and both of those projects are barely started. Eeek! :)

1 Comments:

At 1:20 AM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

I need to be on the wagon with you. I'm already SABLE with 21 WIPS and about 100+ more patterns in the drawer waiting for my attention. We'll have to be a good influence on each other! If we got each other through entering the fair, we should be able to get each other through this, right? :D

Only 8 months until the fair comes back so you'd better get that needle flying, my friend. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home