Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Ballet and Tai Kwon Do

DD seems to be doing well in Pre K so far. She is enjoying it very much. She's tired when I pick her up in the afternoons, but I think that's because she isn't used to the school day yet. I suspect after a week or two, school won't tire her out so much.

I signed her up for ballet today. She's been wanting to learn to do ballet. I managed to get her into a Saturday morning class. This is good, because the other classes for her age group were either during school hours or in the evening when she'd be tired. Her first class will be on the 20th. Of course, I'll be in Nashville, so DH will have to take her. I guess I'd better make sure he knows how to get her into her ballet gear, LOL. I bought that tonight too, since they had a store bring stuff to sell at the open house at the dance studio. She has a pink leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, and a pink skirt. The skirt wasn't strictly necessary, but she wanted one, and I imagine most of the other little girls will have one. I'm afraid I bought her tights too big, I'll have to try them on her tomorrow. I know her leotard is a bit big, but she's growing fast, and the next size down was extremely tight on her, not just form fitting.

Tomorrow, I will go sign DS up for Tai Kwon Do. They're running a special right now, that includes 2 months tuition and uniform for a great price. I think he'll enjoy it a lot, he plays karate all over the house. And the dicipline will be good for him. He'll get to take two classes a week, plus he'll have a list of things to do at home, just basic stuff , like make your bed, clean your room, practice Tai Kwon Do, brush your teeth, take a bath, help out your parents.

I think it'll be good for them each to have an activity. :)

2 Comments:

At 5:10 PM, Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

I always enjoyed activities like that, so I hope your little ones do, too. I can just see your DD in her little ballet outfit. I bet she's adorable.

BTW, that was my own comment I deleted above. I used your DD's name, then it occurred to me that you might not want that info posted in public. Sorry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home