Monday, July 25, 2005

Busy Weekend

Saturday we headed to the North Georgia Celtic Festival. We saw lots of friends, and heard a little music. Nease's Needlework was there as a vendor. I didn't get much stash, just Enchanted Needle's Fairytale Goddess and TW's Storyteller. I am itching to start Storyteller (like I need another big project!). I am thinking I'll stitch it on Lavender Bliss Lugana.

Sunday we went out for lunch, then to the mall so I could check the Disney Store for Tinkerbell tshirts. I bought one shirt, and got two for DS and one for DD. Then we went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I liked it a lot, certainly much better than the Gene Wilder version, but not as much as I expected to. It took me awhile to figure out why, but I think it was because in the book, Willy Wonka was very self assured. Not at all upset by parents or the notion of family. I think they could have left out the whole father backstory, and it wouldn't have hurt the movie one bit. Would have made it better, in fact. Aside from that, I only have one little nitpick. I wish they had done the songs differently, so you could actually hear the lyrics, which were the ones that Dahl wrote. Oh, and was anyone else hoping Christoper Lee would whip out a lightsaber and use it as a dental tool? ;) Just me? Okay then!

1 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

That was my only real problem with the movie. I didn't see any need for that part of the storyline and it strayed from the book needlessly. But I thought it was wonderful otherwise! Loved that they used Dahl's lyrics and that they even made sure he found the Golden Ticket in the right kind of Candy Bar! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home