Monday, December 26, 2005

I am a horrible, ungrateful person

Once again this year, I hate what DH bought for me. It is an ugly statue of a peacock made out of jade. I don't even want to think about how much it cost. I am so ashamed of myself, but I want to ask him to return it. Frankly, we can't afford to buy something like that just to have me stick it in the closet, which is what is going to happen to it.

He's bought me good presents in the past. The best gift he ever bought me was a dvd of the movie Lady Jane. Not an expensive gift, but one a little thought went into. He knew I was interested in the Tudor period. The peacock? He bought it because I like the color green. It isn't even really green, it's a muddy greenish brown.

I feel so bad that I hate it, and I keep looking at it hoping it will be less ugly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home