Monday, June 01, 2009

Summer Fun

The ElvenDude has chess camp this week Mon-Thurs 9-5. The ElvenPrincess is free this week, so we are doing fun things, and a home cooking and reading camp I have dubbed Book and Cook (yeah, lame I know). We read a book each day and then make recipes relating to the book.

Today's book was If You Give a Moose a Muffin by Laura Numeroff. Our recipe was strawberry muffins. We were supposed to make jam as well, but I bought the wrong kind of pectin for freezer jam. We will try it tomorrow, perhaps.




Measuring ingredients




Stirring the batter



Muffins!

Today's field trips: Library, storytime at the bookstore, lunch at Canyon's Burgers.

1 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger Erin (moviemuse) said...

I love "Book and Cook"! I think it is a brilliant idea. Might have to borrow it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home