Thursday, July 14, 2005

Whew!

I bought most of DS's school supplies today. Grand total was $20.56, plus tax. I love Back to School sales. At least half of that was for stuff that I don't consider school supplies, but that the school now asks you to send, like kleenex, and hand sanitizer, and ziploc bags. Geeze, how did I manage to learn anything when I was in school without having that stuff? :P

I still have to get him a new backpack (Yeah, he could use last year's, it's perfectly fine, but he wants a Transformers one) and a heavy duty binder with dividers. The supply list from the school says that the teachers will have the binders and dividers for sale, so I am assuming they'd like the students to all have the same ones. I'm okay with buying it from the teacher as long as it isn't outrageously priced.

I'm buzzing right along with planning DD's birthday party, too. It's a My Little Pony themed one, and we're going to have it August 6 (her birthday is the 8th). I discovered today that Hasbro's My Little Pony website has lots of party ideas. I've just about got the goodie bags all taken care of already. Pony coloring books, a 24 pack of crayons, mini knockoff My Little Ponies, and My Little Pony spin pops. I found those for 50 cents each at Party City and snatched them up. They rang up for $1.75, but when I showed them the tag on the shelf, they gave me the lower price. They had a bunch of other spin pops priced for 50 cents too, so I don't think it was a mistake, unless they made the same mistake 8 or 10 times!

Stitching wise, I'm almost done with the lighthouse for my mother. I'm putting it aside though, since DD has requested a ballerina cross stitch for her birthday. I'll probably start it tonight, since we picked up the pattern and supplies yesterday. She picked one of the Heritage Series adaptations of Marty Links' drawings. They all use Glissen Gloss Estaz for the tutus, which makes them really fluffy. The stuff is couched on, rather than cross stitched. It's not a terribly big piece, so I have hope that I will finish it before the party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home