Thursday, September 08, 2005

I'm still around!

I just haven't felt much like blogging the last few weeks.

CATS in Nashville was excellent, and I came home with some great stash, and memories. It was great to get to meet everyone. :)

A few days after CATS, I went to my LNS to pick up a few things I'd missed. Twice while I was there, the owner got on the phone and complained to different people about a group that was coming to town, and wanted to come spend money at her store, and how much she hates groups, etc, etc. I notice she didn't tell them not to come, though! I've made the decision to never go back to that store. They're perfectly nice to me, at least to my face, but I don't want to go in a store and hear crap like that, and it makes me wonder what they say about me when I'm not there. I have my choice of a couple other LNS within driving distance, plus online stores.

Sept. 2, was the dinner with a bunch of local stitchers, plus Teresa Wentzler and Jennifer Aikman-Smith. I think a good time was had by all.

On Labor Day, we went to the zoo. We went early, and were leaving just as it was starting to fill up. :)

I ordered from Stitching Bits and Bobs Labor Day sale too. I got Dragon of the Deeps, There's Magic in my Needle, Dragon Virtues, and the kreiniks and beads for Dragon of the Deeps.

Speaking of stitching, I'm still working on Once Upon a Time, but it won't be done for the fair. I've just had too much going on lately to stitch much. It'll be ready for next year, though! I think I'm going to go with the "do one needle's worth of floss a day" plan for it, since I'm getting sick of brown!

I went through my WIP drawer and pulled out Stormbringer. I think it's been a WIP for a couple of years now. It's for DS, and I'm going to try to see if I can get it done for his birthday at the end of October. Right now, I'm really enjoying working on it. I have most of the top border done, half of one wing, and a little bit of the second wing. I'm hoping to finish the top border today, and maybe work on some wing. I'll probably scan it and put up a progress pic in a day or two.

2 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

Sounds like your reason for not shopping there is right along the same lines as why I won't shop there anymore. :/

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Just stopped by and saw that you are working on "Once Upon a Time"...me too!! I keep telling myself I can finish it in time to enter it in Silkweaver's Showcase this year (I'm doing it on a pink/tan hand-dyed), but I'm totally bogged down in the blues of her skirt. No where near the brown background/castle bits yet.... *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home