Saturday, February 11, 2006

DS, and stitching

Time for an update on the state of DS's health. As some of you know, DS has been having problems with his heart. Out of the blue, for no apparent reason, it will start beating extremely fast. We've been working with a cardiologist to get a handle on it. They suspected supraventricular tachycardia, and about a month ago they put him on a beta blocker. He had a couple of episodes while on the meds, and Friday a week ago we managed to capture one on the monitor they gave him to carry. His heart rate got up to 240 beats a minute! That recording was apparently a big help to the doctors. They still think he has SVT, but it's possible that instead it is ventricular tachycardia, which is more serious. In either case, they want him to see an electrophysiologist (I think that is correct!). What will happen, if I understood correctly, is that a catheter will be inserted, and they will try to find the group of cells on his heart that is causing the problem, and get rid of them. It sounds scary, but at least his condition is curable. The cardiologist is sending the electrophysiologist the paperwork, and then they will call us to set up an appointment. That is where we stand now, waiting for the call. We see the cardiologist again in a month, and they said we should have had the procedure done by then. Good thoughts for DS would be much appreciated!

On the stitching front, I have finished Tybee Light. No pic right now, as my scanner isn't hooked up. I've also started Mirabilia's Stargazer, but ended up not liking the fabric I chose for her. So she is on hold until I get a new piece of fabric. I'm going to work on Fairytale Sampler until then. I'm working on the top band, with the castle, right now. I've just started that bit, but I have everything else down to the dragon finished, so when I finish the castle, it's back to work on the draggie. If I get a decent amount of stitching time, I may even be able to finish it in a week or so. :)

2 Comments:

At 2:48 AM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

I'm so glad they're closer to knowing what's going on with your DS. I'm here if you need me for anything.

{{{hugs}}}

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Ginny said...

*hugs* hope everything goes well for your ds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home