Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Book Signing

Last night, I took DS and DD to a book signing by Laura Numeroff, the author of If You Give A Mouse A Cookie. DS is a little old for those books, but DD enjoyed it. The author read three of her books, then signed. We waited in line for about an hour for the autograph.

Barnes and Noble had WAY more people than they were expecting show up. In fact, they sold out of the book they were promoting, If You Give A Pig A Party. Of course, that was partly because many people were buying muliple copies of it. The author would sign unlimited books as long as they were purchased that night, and people were going up with eight or ten books, or even more. There were so many people there that I wish they had limited it to one or two books a person, to move the line faster. People were lined up according to the color of card they got when they arrived. We were in the first group called, and still had to wait an hour. I don't want to think about how long people in later groups had to wait. At least DD enjoyed the reading and got her signed copy of If You Give A Pig A Party.

I got my stash from Stitching Bits and Bobs a couple of days ago. I think I'm going to start Dragon of the Sea today. I'm going to do it on Amsterdam Blue instead of Blue Spruce, since I have a piece in my stash. I did a floss toss, and the colors look fine on it. :) I'm also going to do some cleaning today, blech.

2 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said...

How fun! I loved reading those books to DS when he was little. We'll have to check out the new one just for the laughs. :D

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Donna said...

We were at the National Book Festival on the Mall in D.C. on Saturday. My son and I were standing in line to get a book signed by George RR Martin and we couldn't figure out who had the long line that was snaking around the back of all the other lines. So I took a walk and of course it was Numeroff's line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home